At Uphold, our mission is to create trusted access to digital money and financial services for the many. Since inception, we have fought to provide a fairer, easier and more affordable system.We favor speed, simplicity and ease of use over complexity. We put security and transparency first. Our commitment to transparency sets a new standard for the industry. Unlike banks, we are fully reserved, and transparent: we hold assets to match our obligations and publish both in real time. Description
You will be joining a team of makers that are passionate about technology with a great sense of responsibility. Every day we focus on building and improving our systems with scalability in mind based on these three core principles: maintainability, performance, and security. We stand by the idea that source code is a liability, not an asset, so we do our best to keep things simple while making sure they can achieve the desired outcome. We are continuously challenging ourselves, both individually and as a team, to never stop learning. We work collaboratively with a collective code ownership mindset to design and implement complex technical projects, balancing speed with quality, learning from our past mistakes and allowing everyone time to take the challenge they see fit. Responsibilities
- Monitoring database operations; analyzing and responding to performance and other maintenance issues.
- Ensuring databases health and availability.
- Investigating and applying performance tuning of all environments database instances.
- Installing, configuring and managing multiple databases instances.
- Defining and implementing a maintenance plan for all persisted data layers, namely on backup, restoration and upgrades.
- Implementing and assuring Databases High Availability, Load Balancing and Replication.
- Participating in the definition and creation of all data structures environments.
- Helping on preparation and coordination of zero-downtime database migrations.
- Supervising and participating in the technical aspects of data governance.
- Proven background (5+ years) in a DBA role addressing complex architectural and infrastructural problems.
- Senior Level knowledge of PostgreSQL architecture, features and internals.
- Strong SQL programming skills to perform data troubleshooting and data analysis.
- Working experience in database design, implementation and support in 24x7 production environment.
- Experience working on projects within the cloud, ideally AWS.
- Solid understanding and experience in data disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Senior Level experience with replication and/or warm-standby technology.
- Ability to efficiently communicate in English (written and verbal);
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization (query optimization, index tuning, caching tuning).
- A willingness to learn, a flexibility to adapt, an appetite for risk and innovation.
- Must be a team player with a great attitude.
Bonus if you have experience in:
- Managerial skills, including documenting, estimating and coordinating assignments.
- Data profiling, meta data analysis, data modeling, and relational schema design.
- Scripting languages such as BASH, Perl, Python as needed for large scale data movement operations.
- Open-source project contributions.
Uphold is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.