We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We're proud to be an award winning company building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, which handles inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics; offering an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!).
As a result of our efforts, we've been recognised as one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5), and have been backed by VC and Angel Investors whose successes include Secret Escapes, Net-A-Porter, and Farfetch (BGF Ventures, Octopus Investments, Index Ventures & LocalGlobe). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
The company is growing rapidly - we now have offices in London and Lisbon, and an ever expanding community of boutiques across London, Berlin, Paris and Copenhagen. As a result, we’re constantly on the hunt to find exceptional talent, who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What you'll do
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
As a Back-end Engineer you’ll work closely with the rest of the team to progress Trouva’s technology platform. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on inventory management, order processing, internal communication tools, but also, and maybe most importantly, on creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
Benefits What you'll get in return
- Experience working with or at least a solid understanding of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef. Understanding of the role of load balancers and DNS, able to setup a basic infrastructure with some direction.
- Experience running something on AWS, from a CDN/S3, Beanstalk application, Lambda function either for a production application or a hobby project. Similar experience with another cloud provider is also a plus.
- Experience having designed at least one API or subset of functionality from scratch. Able to discuss needs from both server side implementation and client side needs. A core belief in clean documentation, being able to setup tooling around it and to gain consensus for a certain approach is key.
- Experience working with CI/CD, able to discuss different testing approaches and have a good understanding of difference between things like unit/integration tests.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus any applicable bank holidays
- A central co-working space to base yourself from
- Need tech or equipment? We provide our Product team with MacBooks and noise cancelling Bose headphones, as well as any additional extras you might need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk.