Location: Paço de Arcos, PortugalThales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
EDISOFT, a Thales Group company, has been working in the Aeronautics and ATM domains since its foundation. Since providing services for Airport Operations, Air Traffic Management equipment and solutions, and Software Development for civil and military aviation, EDISOFT offers advanced software solutions and highly qualified IT consulting services for the Aeronautic Industry. As a result, EDISOFT has a broad experience and has built a solid reputation in Airport Operations and Air Traffic Management Systems.
We have an opportunity for a Scrum Master within our Aerospace and Defence organisation, where we will be developing the next generation of Air Traffic Management technology in Lisbon. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a leading team, who are developing world-class systems at the forefront of technology within the ATM domain. Key tasks
Skills and Experience
- Acts as guarantor for the Scrum application, and upholds Agile values and principles.
- Organises and facilitates the reviews planned in Scrum (Sprint Planning, Daily meeting, Sprint Review and Retrospective, etc).
- Protects the team from unwanted interference from the organisation and takes care of finding a rapid solution to problems that cannot be resolved within the team.
- Ensures that the team remains focused on maximising value creation for the customer through work on the Backlog elements in close cooperation with the Product Owner.
- Guarantees the transparency for all the organisation production of progress reports as set out in Scrum (e.g. burndown charts, burnup charts).
- May also get involved in developing, depending on the need of the team and customer.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or similar;
- Minimum 2 years experience as Scrum Master
- Knowledge of systems engineering and software development processes
- Coordination of software development teams
- Teamworker, capable of interacting with the customers and other stakeholders
- Facilitation of the Scrum team ceremonies (Daily Stand-Up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Sanity Check, Retrospective )
- Backlog management and tool administration (Jira, TFS, )
- Capacity to act as an agile coach
- Capacity to facilitate the team progress towards fulfillment of the objectives
- Support the product owner in the management of the backlog and priorities
- Execution control and risk management
- Capacity to build and motivate a high performance team
- Good level of English
- SCRUM Product Master certification
- Good level of the French language
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!