Embedded Firmware Developer for DDR PHY IP
04-Mar-2019 Requisition Number 19340BR Job Description and Requirements Synopsys technology is at the heart
of innovations that are changing the way we live and work. The Internet of Things. Autonomous cars. Wearables. Smart medical devices. Secure financial services. Machine learning and computer vision. These breakthroughs are ushering in the era of Smart, Secure Everything―where devices are getting smarter, everything’s connected, and everything must be secure.
Powering this new era of technology are advanced silicon chips, which are made even smarter by the remarkable software that drives them. Synopsys is at the forefront of Smart, Secure Everything with the world’s most advanced tools for silicon chip design, verification, IP integration, and application security testing. Our technology helps customers innovate from Silicon to Software, so they can deliver Smart, Secure Everything.
Founded in 1986, $2.7B+ Synopsys employs 12,000+ headquartered in Mountain View, California, located globally in over 25 countries with 113+ offices throughout North America, Europe, Japan, Asia, and India.
Synopsys is committed to fostering an environment that treats people with respect, honesty and professionalism. We’re also committed to partnering with the communities in which we work. Every year, Synopsys reaches out to local communities with resources and employee leadership to support education, science programs and a variety of other activities.
Come and be part of a collaborative team environment that innovates and develops the latest IP solutions that enable the way the world designs. Join US! Embedded Firmware Developer for DDR PHY IP Responsibilities:
The Solutions Group is dedicated to providing our customers with a broad portfolio of leading edge IP. The Synopsys IP portfolio includes logic libraries, embedded memories, embedded test, analog IP, interface IP, security IP, embedded processors, and subsystems.
Within the Solutions Group, the DDR Physical Layer (PHY) Group delivers leading edge DDR, LPDDR and HBM2 PHY solutions to our customers, whose products are used in computing devices including game consoles, graphics processors, smartphones, servers, and many more.
The DDR PHY IP includes an embedded processor to run embedded firmware applications which manage the complex operations associated with interacting with today’s advanced DDR technologies. These embedded applications are an essential part of the DDR PHY IP.
You would be joining the DDR PHY Development Team which delivers these key embedded firmware applications to configure the DDR PHY IP. These applications are essential to both the verification and system level use of our customer’s Silicon Devices.
As part of our team, you will:
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Own the definition, specification and development of new firmware applications and features.
- Work closely with PHY architecture and hardware teams to determine hardware/firmware compatibility and/or influence hardware design
- Develop and maintain infrastructure associated with firmware application development
- Enhance documentation content to improve customer experience
- Diagnose customer firmware related failures
- Participate in the firmware integration, debug and hardware bring up with both internal and external customers
- BSCS or BSCE with 5+ years of industry experience developing SOC embedded controller software development
- Experience with firmware development for bare-metal platforms such as SOCs, MCU and CPU
- Understanding of DDR memory standards
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable interfacing with internal teams and customers
- Strong advocate for structured firmware development, verification and documentation processes
- Knowledge of ‘C’ and Assembly.
- Scripting experience with Perl, Python, or Bash.
Synopsys Canada ULC values the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to provide access & opportunity to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals throughout the recruitment and employment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact Hiring Location
CANADA - Ontario - Nepean, PORTUGAL - Porto, USA - Massachusetts - Boxborough Hire Type
Employee Job Category