211931 Work Area:
Customer Service and Support Expected Travel:
0 - 70% Career Status:
Management Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We put our customers first, so they have the best experience possible with SAP’s Digital Core Cloud solution. We are brave, bold and deliver on our commitments. We celebrate when our customers win. Their success is our success.
The Sales Leader for DCC works with a team of market unit Sales Executives to guide our Digital Core Cloud customers through their journey with our solutions.
The Sales Leader oversees the work of the Sales Executives in their territory. The Sales Leader serves as the executive oversight for the customer and leverage appropriate senior resources across SAP functions to maintain overall customer health.
The Sales leader maintains a close working relationship with other executive colleagues and customer facing personnel necessary to support their region (e.g. Region and MU leaders, IAEs, GAD, LoB Sales leaders, Services and Support leaders, Solution Management, Product Management, Deals Desk and our ecosystem partners).
As a people manager, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
The business is divided into 5 market units (Spain, Portugal, French Africa, Israel, Turkey) and you will be responsible for leading and driving these 5 very different market units that form the SEFA Geo.
The primary purpose of the Sales Leader position is to consistently attain targeted revenue and profitability goals and set the vision & strategy for the sales team. In order to accomplish these goals, the Sales Leader must develop specific territory plans to ensure growth in all revenue streams, formulate objectives, performance standards & priorities for the Sales team and ensure that selling models facilitate market penetration.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Sets strategy for the sales team; develops specific territory plans to ensure growth in all revenue streams.
- Formulates objectives, performance standards and priorities for the sales team. Leader, role model, and coach to account executives on sales approaches and account leadership.
- Builds a network of executive relationships with key customers and partners that can be leveraged.
- Maintains accurate, timely and documented pipelines and forecasts of opportunities and provide appropriate updates to SAP executive management.
- Facilitates individual growth and development of Sales personnel through effective and ongoing performance reviews, developmental coaching and mentoring.
Board Area / LoB specific Key Success Factors
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue targets
- Identify necessary pipeline coverage for team members in order to achieve quota targets
- Achieve linearity on a monthly basis according to guidelines
Board Area / LoB specific additional Requirements
Additional Requirements and Remarks
- Experience of Outsourcing, Infrastructure and Application Sales
- Dealing in complex sales situations
- Customers: End users, managers/analysts, CXOs, all LOBs
- Partners (channels, alliances, integrators, etc)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / WORK EXPERIENCE
- SAP ELT and other management teams
- Contracts/Legal, Ops, FS, F&A, Pricing
- Presales, VEs, Industry Principals, Solution Principals
Experience & Language Requirements
- Extensive sales experience with business applications and/or IT solutions; experience selling to CXOs
- Collaborative style and ability to work in a networked organization with virtual teams
- Proven track record of capturing and growing customer and market share in a profitable manner
- 10+ years’ experience in sales and in sales management (Direct Sales)
- Successful people management experience
- Fluent in English
- Resilient and tenacious
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields (Business / Engineering or Technology)
Professional Training & Certification
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Completion of Sales Methodology training mandatory
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now. SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team @sap.com,
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations