The Senior Manager, Marketing (“Senior Manager”) directs and manages the coordination of all marketing-related activities and needs for the Ryan, LLC European practice. Responsibilities include assisting the Director of Market Insights with formation of marketing strategy, with primary responsibility over the execution of that strategy, including driving the marketing process, maintaining consistent brand alignment for the Firm, and ensuring that the marketing communication plan is executed on time and on budget. This position also manages some of the outsourced marketing relationships to maximize the Firm’s return on investment and manages and ensures compliance of marketing processes, policies, and procedures. Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Manages the development, copy writing, design, production, and execution of all marketing collateral and communications, including advertising, brochures, case studies, electronic media, and awareness-building campaigns.
- Maintains strong relationships with outside vendors—directing all activities and timelines associated with outside contractors related to the development of above-mentioned marketing materials.
- Builds a network of outside vendors, including creative agencies and printers to provide quality graphic support and ensure competitive bidding provides maximum return on investment.
- Manages the Advertising Media Plan, including all deadlines regarding reservation deadlines, film deadlines, and relationships with the advertising and editorial staffs.
- Manages and coordinates trade conferences and events, including themes, planning, and execution to ensure maximum brand exposure.
- Works with practice leaders to build specific and unique practice line marketing and sales collateral, presentations, and business development artifacts that meet the corporate brand standards.
- Builds and manages an inventory tracking system for giveaways, brochures, etc.
- Leads research-related activities and processes, including gathering, analyzing, and tracking market data, and maintaining plans and priorities while working with internal stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains a robust internal Marketing Communications function, including internal newsletters and educational marketing materials such sales sheets, webinars, tax alerts, etc.
- Develops and ensures consistent key messaging and strategic positioning for all materials to help build a recognizable and cohesive brand identity.
- Creates, implements, and manages digital marketing activities such as website administration, SEO enhancements, social media management, paid search and social campaigns, and Marketo marketing automation.
- Assists (with IT and colleagues) with the integration of third-party vendors with CRM, CMS, Marketo, and other campaign tracking systems to analyze real-time performance metrics and segment customers and leads for targeted outbound messaging. Develops and maintains competitive intelligence, analyzes current and prospective competitors.
- Communicates and collaborates with global and regional colleagues to ensure standard research practices and efficient, information sharing across regions and practices.
- Recommends innovative marketing programs or procedures that prove beneficial to the organization for attracting new clients and growing existing key client accounts.
- Maintains a high level of awareness regarding activities in the Firm that may directly affect branding initiatives or procedural guidelines of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.B.A., or B.S.) from a four-year college or university, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or Media and a minimum of 10 years related work experience. Must be able to execute projects and responsibilities with minimal direction and be professional and articulate. Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Google Analytics, Marketo, Microsoft Dynamics, Episerver CMS, Adobe Connect, and PowerBI. Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position requires limited supervisory responsibilities, including training employees, assigning work, and checking work for accuracy and completeness. Work Environment:
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull, up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors.
- Independent travel requirement: less than 25%.