Who are we?
OutSystems is the leader in low-code application development. Our R&D develops the OutSystems Platform, a highly scalable platform that allows large companies to easily build complex applications by simplifying the software development process. If you want to know more about us check what our happy customers have to say about us.
What will you be doing?
Youll be leading one of our R&D teams, youll manage a small group of talented engineers to deliver the next generation of capabilities of one of our platform components, from our IDE to our own Cloud Platform. Youll face a wide range of challenges and youll be responsible for:
- Contributing to the whole development lifecycle, from planning to implementation and testing;
- Designing and developing solutions with the team, by following and defining development processes (like TDD, BDD, code reviews...);
- Promoting team accountability and autonomy;
- Working on conflict resolution and roadblocks removal;
- Working with the team on project planning and delivery process;
- Coaching and mentoring other software engineers.
If you want to know more you can follow our daily life and tech challenges in our blog.
Heres what you need to succeed in this job:
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar. If you do not have one but you are really good (and can show it), we still want to hear from you.
- More than 5 years of development experience;
- 2 or more years of experience on people management and/or project delivering roles;
- Solid knowledge of software engineering principles, algorithms, data structures, and Object-Oriented Design;
- Experience in mentoring younger software engineers;
- Experience in solving and troubleshooting highly complex technical problems;
- Focus on developing maintainable solutions that scale to thousands of users;
- Knowledge of development best practices, continuous delivery and testing;
- Good coding skills in one or more of these technologies is a plus: C# (.Net Core), TypeScript, React, CSS, Containers;
- Drive to collaborate with others and a growth mindset;
- Great communication skills and fluency in English.
Working at OutSystems
Working at OutSystems gives you the opportunity to change the world of software development! We are leading the evolution of the software development process by removing complexity from it, allowing developers to focus on delivering value and making a difference. But removing complexity from software development means that we need to solve it ourselves, so we will have lots of opportunities and complex challenges to offer you.
We dont have many rules, but we have a lot of common sense. Our commitment to our culture is highlighted in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules. This commitment to culture has landed us in the top six Forbes Best Cloud Computing Companies and CEOs To Work For three years running. We foster a culture where people make a difference. And every day, we focus on making sure that we keep a startup and innovative mindset.
You will work with colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you and spread all over the globe -, in a solid company that still keeps growing, changing and innovating, and giving teams room to be proactive and creative.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then wed love to hear from you!