OLX, the leading online classifieds company, is looking for a Senior Android Engineer (f/m) to leverage the growth potential of our classifieds websites across Europe.
The position is based in our Product and Tech Hub in Lisbon, which supports key classifieds categories such as cars and real estate across Europe. ...at OLX Group
At OLX Group we have a clear ambition to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world's leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you've got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we'd love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more? Why OLX Group?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe. What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Research & Planning - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design innovative solutions and opportunities within our problem domain. Keeping up to date with industry trends and new technologies.
- Technology Design - Further the efforts in developing a world-class mobile application with clean and maintainable architecture
- Development Process - Be a driver in establishing the right tools, coding standards and practices and produce high quality software at the right speed
- Team - Cultivate the team culture, keeping in mind our company values
- Work closely with different stakeholders and peers to deliver based on our vision
- Assist and implement tech solutions
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
- Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- Unit-test code for robustness, include edge cases, usability and reliability.
- Helps develop more junior team members by onboarding & mentoring them.
- Participates in recruitment and talent attraction programmes.
- Work in a lean structure, experiment-driven manner, and participate in the design of such experiments
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles
- Native iOS development, Swift and Objective C are must haves in your stack knowledge.
- A deep understanding of Cocoa-touch
- A diverse portfolio of previously built iOS Apps.
- Have published at least one or more iOS App to the market.
- A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
- A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing a mobile app.
- A solid understand of how to create data structures and ORM.
- A good Understanding of MVC, MVP & MVVM patterns.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Experience with agile development practices (Scrum)
- Experimentation Driven development (nice to have)
- AI/ML experience is a plus
- Track record on mentoring and providing support to other engineers and sharing revolutionary best practices to the team.
- Good team player, however also be able to work independently and lead initiatives
- Be able to communicate in English (oral and written)
- Used to working in international environment
- Has worked in a Product Development environment (nice to have)
- Fully understands the importance of continuous personal development, also helps develops more junior engineers
- Quality first mentality, strong self awareness and ownership sense of the code you write and projects you run
- Work in a meritocratic and entrepreneurial environment where your work will have a real impact on the company's success
- Access to an international team of top talent, as well as international career opportunities
- Conferences, training and support for your career development
- A competitive salary with fantastic benefits
- Opportunity to work in the fantastic city of Lisbon
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
It's great that you want to apply for this role! Thank you for taking the time. Below, you will find our standard application form that we would like you to use. Once you hit the submit button, your application will be stored in our talent database. Once we've taken a look, we will get back to you. You can expect our feedback within the next one to two weeks. Sometimes it can take a bit longer but you can be assured that we will get back to you no matter what.