OLX, the leading online classifieds company, is looking for a Senior Android Engineer (f/m) to leverage the growth potential of our classifieds websites across Europe.
The position is based in our Product and Tech Hub in Lisbon, which supports key classifieds categories such as cars and real estate across Europe. ...at OLX
OLX is among the largest classifieds and e-commerce sites worldwide. OLX is designed to enable people to connect through buying and selling goods and services quickly, easily and for free. Our contribution to a better world is bringing people together for win-win exchanges. Sellers win - as they can make some money from used items. Buyers win - as they can trade up better items for lower prices. Communities win - as we connect people and are creating a lively trading between the members. Earth wins as we help to extend the lifetime of items. OLX wins and most of all, you win. Being part of something special. In an open culture that encourages own initiatives, growth and entrepreneurial spirit. Sharing the same values.
At OLX we have a clear ambition - to create a richer world. We empower people to make the difference and we're always looking for great people to help us do just that. Why OLX?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, storia, tradia, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our Product and Tech Hub in Lisbon supports classifieds brands such as Otomoto, Autovit, Imovirtual and Otodom which are leaders in their respective markets. You will also work with our other Tech Hubs in Berlin and Poznan which are supporting our OLX platform. What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Research & Planning - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design innovative solutions and opportunities within our problem domain. Keeping up to date with industry trends and new technologies
- Technology Design - Further the efforts in developing a world-class mobile application with clean and maintainable architecture
- Development Process - Be a driver in establishing the right tools, coding standards and practices and produce high quality software at the right speed
- Team - Cultivate the team culture, keeping in mind our company values
- Work closely with different stakeholders and peers to deliver based on our vision
- Assist and implement tech solutions
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
- Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- Unit-test code for robustness, include edge cases, usability and reliability.
- Helps develop more junior team members by onboarding & mentoring them.
- Participates in recruitment and talent attraction programmes.
- Work in a lean structure, experiment-driven manner, and participate in the design of such experiments
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles
- A deep understanding of Java, Android SDK and SQLite
- Experience with Android Studio and Gradle building scripts, and a current view on the Android development landscape
- Experience with third party libraries and APIs
- A solid understanding of RESTful services and of the different caching techniques.
- A good Understanding of MVC, MVP & MVVM patterns.
- In-depth understanding of free and open-source android libraries as Dagger, RxJava and local storage etc.
- In depth knowledge tradeoffs of fast iteration cycles on mobile apps, e.g. feature flags, A/B tests, multiple versions of functionality in the app.
- Test Driven mindset with emphasis on code quality, working in a TDD driven environment
- Experience with agile development practices (Scrum)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines (nice to have)
- Experimentation Driven development (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Kotlin language is a plus.
- AI/ML experience is a plus
- Track record on mentoring and providing support to other engineers and sharing revolutionary best practices to the team.
- Good team player, however also be able to work independently and lead initiatives
- Be able to communicate in English (oral and written)
- Used to working in international environment
- Has worked in a Product Development environment (nice to have)
- Work in a meritocratic and entrepreneurial environment where your work will have a real impact on the company's success
- Access to an international team of top talent, as well as international career opportunities
- Conferences, training and support for your career development
- A competitive salary with fantastic benefits
- Opportunity to work in the fantastic city of Lisbon
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
It's great that you want to apply for this role! Thank you for taking the time. Below, you will find our standard application form that we would like you to use. Once you hit the submit button, your application will be stored in our talent database. Once we've taken a look, we will get back to you. You can expect our feedback within the next one to two weeks. Sometimes it can take a bit longer but you can be assured that we will get back to you no matter what.