Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our customers with insights gained from analyzing network (Mobile and Fixed) data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to verify the effectiveness of different courses of action (e.g. accuracy levels). The Data Scientist must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. The Data Scientists have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will also have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Develop and implement network data collections systems, data analysis and other strategies that optimize network efficiency and quality. Identifies, analyses, and interprets trends or patterns.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong academic record: Master's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics from a reputable institution; additional business studies is a plus
- Strong telecommunications understanding: IP and Mobile networks architecture is a plus