Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nokia IT has adopted an Infrastructure strategy in which the benefits of public cloud are fully leveraged. We are now building an IT Public Cloud team to lead the implementation of the strategy and oversee the effective delivery of public cloud to meet the needs of our Applications and Services. We are seeking a Solution designer to work out, adjust and improve solutions based on IT public cloud services.
- Experience with Azure and AWS IaaS and PaaS services and familiarity with other major suppliers
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure service and technology fundamentals
- Application design understanding
- Understanding of migrations from traditional to cloud computing
- Understanding of cloud market and sourcing options – Public, Hybrid, Private
- Understanding of cross-vendor cloud standards (portals/APIs)
- Familiarity with market cloud orchestration solutions
- Practical competence in defining cloud environments to a global enterprise
- Lifecycle use cases for public cloud
- Security considerations for data/workload placement
- Solution guidance and presentations to business stakeholders
- Definition of structures for cost control, performance, operations, license management and capacity reporting
- Geographic considerations
- Knowledge about development and cloud apps (DevOps, containerization, autoscaling, programmable software appliances)
- Create and maintain a solution roadmap.