Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
You will be part of the team within ION SBU organization as Customer Support Specialist to deliver worldwide care services for Nuage portofolio. The Customer Support Specialist will be in charge of providing high level of expertise for complex customer network issues requiring a global understanding of mobile networks.
Troubleshoot standard and complex cases to find out root cause analysis, including Emergencies and Escalations
- Provide Remote Technical Support (RTS) for the Nuage SDN solutions and associated network elements.
- Receives the Emergency case, assess severity and collects information and symptoms needed for technical analysis and activating emergency engineer on duty Rota
- Interface, develop and maintain strong relationships with external and internal customers, remotely to troubleshoot/answer questions. This will involve accessing the remote sites, reviewing log files, coordinating the duplicating or testing of the issue, gathering traces, logs, files, translations, etc., for critical support, and so on. There will be occasions when this work will need to be performed during the customer site's maintenance window during their maintenance window time zone.
- Assist with debugging complex product installations, resolves complicated product problems by applying both established procedures and creative alternatives.
- Interface, develop and maintain strong relationships with 3rd line of Support, Solution Teams, PLM and Product Business Units.
- Ensure trouble tickets tracked are continuously updated and maintained per the Nokia processes.
- Prepare reports on problems encountered and methods of resolution applied ensuring overall system integrity and reliability
- Ensure transfer of knowledge amongst the support organization and provide New Product Introduction training to other support organization
- Can include some travel at customer site
Field activities (on request):
- Installation and/or commissioning and/or integration activities.
- Network expansion activities.
- SW maintenance activities such as SW change planning, On-line SW Change Service
- Launch, trials and pilot projects support
- Bachelor's degree/College Diploma in Computer/Software/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong hands-on experience in troubleshooting software or network problems
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) engineering, concepts and service models
- Data Centre experience including HP Servers, Citrix, Network protocols and IETF Standards
- Knowledge with Cloud Management Systems (CMS) such as VMware vCloud, OpenStack, CloudStack
- Good understanding Virtual Private Network L2 and L3 solutions and OSPF, BGP, Routing/Switching protocols, Open Flow and XMPP
- Knowledge with Linux operating systems – CentOS - RHEL
- Knowledge of IP/MPLS, routing and switching techniques.
- Ability to write scripts at a Unix/Linux level (bash, python)
- Has a “can do” attitude to persist in face of complex work to produce positive results
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred candidate with good Spanish (in spoken and written).
- Must have outstanding time management skills, be able to handle multiple issues at the same time, and be able to prioritize those issues, so that we meet customer expectations.
- Strong Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to articulate technical issues and solutions to internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated with proven record as a self-starter.
Very Adaptable with ability to learn new technologies, products, processes, quickly and without formal training.