Field Engineer - Morocco
Lisbon,Portugal Job Description
Job ID 9761BR Country
- Perform Site surveys and write site survey reports
- Perform Inventories
- Perform MSO and Remote Site Installations, commissioning and testing.
- Interface with Sub-contractors during site installation phase
- Manage 3rd party work acceptance
- Support FAT (Factory Acceptance Tests) when required.
- Perform Field Site acceptance Tests (FSAT) in the field with the customer
- Interface with ESSC (European System Support Centre) for field issue troubleshooting upon resolution.
- Open C3 cases as required in the field and maintain ownership of the case until closure
- Work with the CSM (Customer Service Manager) to provide technical support for systems in support phase when required.
- Work with the Motorola FPM (Field Project Manager) for day-by-day task assignment and coordination.
- Provide weekly reports on progress of the projects and issues discovered in the field
- Adhere to Motorola Quality policies and procedures.
- Comply with Motorola’s code of business conduct and complete applicable Motorola on-line training courses.
- Comply will all Motorola policies and procedures applicable to the role.
- Fill out weekly timesheets accurately and on time.
Portugal Basic Requirements
- Degree in Engineering /Computer Science/Telecommunications or similar subject
- Knowledge of Radio communications equipment and field deployment process
- IP networks hands-on experience and knowledge
- Experience in implementing wireless systems (GSM, 3G, LMR) in the field
- Familiar with MS Office tools
- Knowledge of at least one LMR technology (TETRA, P25 or DMR). Candidates with DMR Tier 3 certification or hands-on experience will be a plus.
- Experience with site surveys and site infrastructure.
- Proven record of field experience with telecommunications systems in the field
- Dynamic and capable of working autonomously
- Capable of developing strong customer relationships
- Fluency in English and French (both oral and written) required
- Availability for travels (national and international)
None Position Type
Experienced Job Category
Engineering and Sciences Department Description
Primary Job responsibility will be to provide post sale System and Field Engineering Support to various customers in the region. The customers in the region have deployed technologies varying from analog conventional to digital trunked systems. Key focus of the candidate would be to provide field engineering support for the customers and strive to provide technical support, remotely or on site, as the need arises.
Candidate can be based in multiple countries in South Europe (Portugal, Spain) or North Africa, however the majority of the work will be performed in Morocco. Travel Percentage
over 75% Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.