At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features. About the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Lead
, who will lead our cross-functional Business Banking
team to deliver world-class experiences for our customers. Your goal is to build an experience that delights our customers, adds revenue for Monese and is hard to copy. You will be responsible and accountable for all our Business product offerings, the Business team, and the customer experience. Your Responsibilities:
- Generate a deep understanding of Monese strategy, our target customers, our existing and potential Business products and the wider industry to create a clear, compelling and differentiated vision and strategy, and evangelise this in- and outside Monese.
- Translate Monese’s strategy and OKRs into Business OKRs and build a prioritised backlog of work which will deliver the key results.
- Gather insights and feedback from stakeholders, customer research and user data to refine and improve existing features and generate ideas for new features.
- Test existing and new features through experimentation, and ensure what we ship adds value and is safe for our customers and Monese.
- Regularly update, prioritise and own the product backlog.
- Support the team by ensuring that work is ready for development while balancing the need for exploration and expression.
- Revel in Agile product delivery, the process of rapid prototyping, design and shipping product ‘little and often’.
- Take on commercials, negotiations and strategic projects so that we meet our ambitious customer, geographic and product goals.
- Identify issues and opportunities, and acting as a bridge between different teams.
Benefits What we can promise:
- You will need an in-depth business banking experience. For example:
- Overseeing the creation and use of standard and new business banking products.
- Building new financial products from scratch and launching them successfully to market.
- Running one or more successful financial products for several years.
- Experience in Product Management, overseeing a dedicated team and managing backlog prioritisation, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality.
- You have a track record of making good decisions that pay-off, even when others have disagreed with you.
- You are reliable, you deliver on what you said you would deliver.
- You are a leader, you help others succeed through guidance, coaching, mentoring and empathy - not by telling people what to do.
- Passion for problem-solving through user-centric design, applying expertise, data, research and judgement to make sure you’re focused on making the biggest impact to our entrepreneurs and investors.
- Curious and capable of deriving meaningful insight from research and data.
- Fluent English skills.
- Some start-up experience would be a plus.
Sounds like something for you?
- Impact – you will change the way the world works by helping everyone get clear, simple and cheap banking that works anywhere.
- Leadership – you will work with great peers and even better leaders who are there to help you do amazing work and support you reaching your potential.
- Development – we are growing fast and like promoting internally, you will also have good support and opportunities to help you grow technically.
- Challenge – what we are doing is not easy, we need people who want to get stuck in and solve some difficult problems.
- Ownership – you will be responsible for your work and your impact, but you will get guidance, help and coaching all the way.
- Reward - good pay and great equity.
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.