The StorSimple/Azure Data Box Support Escalation Engineer is responsible for support delivery, providing technical support to StorSimple/Azure Data Box customers by resolving technical issues against CPE and workflow efficiency targets. The StorSimple/Azure Data Box Support Escalation Engineer will need to closely collaborate with PG engineering and operations, and other CTS engineers. Specific measurements include achieving the CPE team goals, time to resolution or escalation, enabling a response time similar to competitors; maintaining technical skills through completion of ongoing readiness and Platform training; and, in general participating in the creation of future Microsoft support capabilities for the cloud. To be more specific:
- Customer Issue Resolution & Responsiveness
- Drive the communication with the customer to ensure the customer has confidence on problem resolution provided by Microsoft.
- Define and understand the customer issue by creating the adequate reproduction scenarios.
- Research, troubleshoot, develop and implement a workaround (if needed) and gain agreement from customer on problem resolving.
- Effective Communication & Collaboration
- Identify the right resource to collaborate with for tough & political hot problem.
- Collaborate with cross-group peers both proactively and reactively.
- Produce quality documentation and share with the appropriate team members and tech lead as appropriate.
- Training & Readiness
- Identify current knowledge deficiencies/training needs, as well as potential future needs.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) to build readiness content and develop training (in applicable regions).
- Make effective technical presentations, both internal and external.
- Provide documentation and mentoring to others within your technical specialty.
- Work with your manager, as appropriate to assess your own core competencies and identify current knowledge deficiencies/training needs, as well as potential future needs.
- Work with your manager and Tech Advisor (where appropriate) to develop a comprehensive personal/technical development plan.
- Implement your development plan, actively seek development opportunities, and complete all scheduled training.
- Meet with your manager to assess and adjust the plan as needed to match mid- and long-term career plans.
- Operational Precision
- Adhere to published queue or call back schedule and be available for different shifts, as necessary.
- Use appropriate documentation and utilization and / or labor tracking methods to account for time.
- Manage and prioritize your workload while keeping team members and management appropriately informed.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects per management request or business need.
- Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations
- Strong communications skills - Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
- Cross-team collaboration
- Logical and Critical thinking
- Passion for technology and customer support
- Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
- 4+ years of experience in consulting or support across two or more of the following domains: Operating System/Virtualization, Networking, Microsoft Azure Platform, Storage. Familiarity with SAN/NAS, Hyper-V/VMWare, iSCSIFamiliarity with OS Internals concepts (Windows, Linux, etc), Storage, Active Directory and Security
- Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
- Experience with VM configuration and administration Networking and shares (SMB, NFS, CIFS, etc)
- Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS
- Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, wire shark, etc.)
- Understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies preferred Microsoft Azure Platform (as a plus)
- Microsoft Azure architecture and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage, etc)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Platform services
- Azure Platform development and deployment concepts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.