Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more. Introduction
Founded in 1990 by Massachusetts of Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality, iRobot designs and builds robots that empower people to do more both inside and outside of the home.
Since the introduction of its Roomba® robot vacuum in 2002, iRobot has sold more than 20 million robots and become the leading global consumer robot company. iRobot's product line, including the Roomba and the BraavaTM family of robot mops, feature proprietary technologies and advanced concepts in cleaning, mapping and navigation.
Now focused on the consumer market, iRobot generated $884 million in revenue in 2017 (+34%) and employs more than 900 of the robot industry's top professionals. The EMEA operation, headquartered in London, UK, is a key strategic region for iRobot. EMEA serves as iRobot's second largest regional market, where it has established a uniquely strong brand equity, leading to a segment share of ~70%. A large contributor to the EMEA region's success has been its employee base (130+) located in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, Belgium, Austria, the Netherlands and Portugal.
It is important that anyone considering joining the organization can embrace its unique culture, which very much defines the business and how it operates: build cool stuff, deliver great product, make money, have fun and change the world.
The Commercial Assistant will provide general administrative support to the management and commercial team. The Commercial Assistant will report to the Sales Director, Portugal and the role will be based out of the Lisbon office in Parque das Nações. Essential duties include:
- Be the main point of contact for all visitors to the Lisbon office
- Provide general office management including meeting organization, diary management and travel arrangements
- Manage the relationships with the building facilities team, including any security and health and safety related matters
- Assist the EMEA Commercial team and local finance department to process relevant invoices and payments
- Maintain and manage various local marketing tools including updating the promotional plan and marketing budget
- Provide training support for our key stakeholders, customers and distributors
- Manage local procurement requirements and be primary contact for the management of service providers
- Assist the EMEA Commercial team to process the relevant invoices and payments Assist the wider EMEA Operations team to liaise with customers, track deliveries, and /or manage change requests
- Manage sending and receiving orders
- Measurable accomplishments and experience in an administrative and commercial role
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Spanish is highly desirable
- Experience with NAVISAO or ORACLE is highly valued;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with proven experience in communicating effectively with internal customers and suppliers.
- Solid organizational, multi-task, and attention to detail skills.
- Self-starter and team player with a customer service oriented mindset.
- Experience working in fast pace environments
- Proven adaptability to change
- Excellent PC skills including MS office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above desirable
6 months contract