Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIATM is The Human Data Science CompanyTM, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
PHARMACOVIGILANCE- CUSTOMER DELIVERY MANAGER- REMOTE WORKING/HOME BASED PURPOSE
Accountable for management and service delivery excellence of a range of large sized regional and global projects as assigned by senior staff, covering single or multiple Lifecycle Safety functions. Provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing activities and operational service delivery, working cross-functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle, integrating delivery into one seamless and transparent program for customers, aligned by accounts. Collaborate with senior managers to implement strategic initiatives and ensure global consistency. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage customer interface and communication for assigned projects/programs. Represent Lifecycle Safety on projects/programs; serve as primary point of contact within Lifecycle Safety for all internal and external customers; liaise between internal/external customers and Lifecycle Safety Service Delivery Team members in Service Operations (SO).
- Manage customer deliverables for assigned projects/programs. Tactical, day-to-day customer-facing leadership at project/program level. Responsibilities include project planning (timelines, deliverables), scope management, quality management and project financial management.
- Provide leadership structure for customer service interface from scoping stage, through proposal generation, bid defense to service delivery; and throughout the development and commercial life cycle of the product.
- Manage realization/profitability for assigned projects/programs. Update financial systems, revenue recognition, invoicing, project budget review, project financial analysis, pursuit of change orders, etc.
- Ensures financial project performance through oversight of key performance metrics (revenue, direct costs, time-sheet costs, utilization and realization.
- Develop specialist expertise in aligned specialist areas, as well as applying them across LSM and SO.
- Work with sales and proposals to ensure rapid, seamless, tailored responses to opportunities. Drive business growth by improving customer loyalty through enhanced customer relations, service delivery excellence and excellent customer communication.
- Actively contribute at meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership for Lifecycle Safety virtual project teams: keep local/global Lifecycle Safety team current on project developments; lead internal Lifecycle Safety team meetings to review project processes and status. Work closely with Service Delivery Team members in SO, to ensure projects/programs are delivered in accordance with customer expectations.
- Facilitate sales activities, and sales presentations (capabilities, bid defences) and proposal development (strategy, costs and text), as needed.
- Incorporate strategic options when defining project/program scope and processes with customer.
- Develop customer relationship, into partnership mode; manage accounts targeting extended business relationship throughout lifecycle. Focus on customer loyalty and contract renewal. Facilitate discussions on new business opportunities with existing customers.
- Work in a customer centric fashion analyzing current and future customer needs and actively developing innovative, cross-functional strategic solutions within Lifecycle Safety service lines to meet customer needs.
- Oversee client and internal audits and inspections for assigned projects, participating as required. Liaise with Quality Assurance staff and management in the compilation of corrective action plans.
- Collaborate with other LSM managers to resolve problem areas and customer needs ensuring global consistency.
- Works with Lifecycle Safety service operations constructively in a matrix framework to achieve project and customers deliverables.
- May assume the responsibilities of EU QPPV or deputy QPPV as outlined in Quintiles Work Instruction: CS_WI_LS0013 Lifecycle Safety-Qualified Persons for Pharmacovigilance (QPPV)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge of applicable global, regional and local clinical research regulatory requirement; i.e. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines, Quintiles Standard Operating Procedures.
- Working knowledge of Lifecycle Safety service lines; willingness to increase knowledge across Lifecycle Safety service lines and develop new skills.
- Excellent team management and leadership skills, conflict management.
- Strong project management; planning and organisational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including ability to network and lead teleconferences.
- Effective collaborative, organizational and delegation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers and clients.
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to manage ambiguity.
- Effective business focus, marketing, sales skills.
- Proven strong presentation; report writing skills and customer focus skills.
- Ability to achieve results through communication, facilitation, negotiations in a matrix service delivery environment with shared accountabilities.
- Independent judgment, negotiating, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Effective business acumen and financial analytical skills, tactical planning, budgeting.
- Cross trained in a minimum of two Lifecycle Safety service lines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Customer focused with effective relationship building skills.
- Effective motivating, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in health science or other directly related field and 6 years' clinical research experience in a Contract Research Organization or Pharmaceutical company combining 4 years of Lifecycle Safety (Pharmacovigilance, CEVA, Medical Information, Safety Publishing, Risk Management etc.) and 2 years' project
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIATM