We are Hostmaker nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch as we've come in at #3 on Deloitte's UK Tech Fast50 2018! It feels great to pause for a second and cherish being categorised amongst such esteemed peers because on most days, we just keep our head down and stay focused on our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
We deliver for our customers through a combination of thoughtful interior design and attentive hotel-style services that delivers superior earnings through our strength in dynamic pricing.
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, chose to partner with us for their first foray in to serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just four years across major international destinations with offices in - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come! Our Culture
Our culture is open, inclusive, transparent and honest. We are striving everyday to deliver the best possible experience to not only our hosts and guests but also our wonderful employees (we like to call ourselves Pigeons, in honour of our brand mascot, Sir P John.) We work hard, we have fun and we look after each other. What will you be doing?
What will you bring?
- Taking command of the flurry of guest interaction through the inboxes of our 'Hands-Off' Airbnb hosts, making sure no messages slip through the net. You'll review and respond to the numerous guest enquiries we receive daily, and it'll be your job to ensure our guests are informed and ready for their trip (before, during and after)
- Putting your slick social skills to use daily, liaising between multiple teams across the business and, of course, the guests on the other end of the inbox
- Managing our reservations system meticulously
- Brushing up on your knowledge of London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Madrid and Barcelona's hot spots and greatest hits, in order to give guests a local's lowdown
- 8 working hours per day. (6pm - 2am)
- You will work 5 days a week including weekends on ROTA basis.
- Expecting the unexpected quieter days will see you getting out and about in loveliest London, conducting check-ins, etc. No two days are the same, and we wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China
- Can work in our Lisbon office or from home in Lisbon.
- You have worked in high level customer service and have a demonstrable background in achieving KPIs and delivering seamless customer service.
- You have a good telephone manner and has a clear idea on how to deal with customer escalations.
- We operate on a 7 days, 24X7 service center. Therefore you need to be flexible in terms of shifts, including weekends and evenings.
- You are someone who has worked in a omni channel centre on emails, phone and webchat, Hostmaker is an entrepreneurial fast paced workspace so the ability to adapt and change is critical.
- You are a team player who can adapt to different needs of the business.
- You are a travel enthusiast, obviously, but you also eat and drink where the locals do and you truly get the Airbnb experience.
- You are organised, proactive and pay attention to the devil in the detail.
- You've got a keen eye for detail - and you'll prove it to us by mentioning your favourite holiday location in your application to us. This is a little test we use to make sure you're not applying to every job in sight
- Ideally, you've previously worked in a client-facing role and in an organisation where coordination among departments was critical to success
- Languages: English (mandatory), Spanish, French and Italian (preferred).
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who'll keep you on your toes everyday
- Can work from Lisbon office or from home.
- Shifts: 6pm - 2am.
- Competitive salary
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we're now in across 9 cities in Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)