combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes. Senior Technical Consultant (Data Engineer) - Global Services
Lisbon, Portugal The Role
Senior Consultants deliver end-to-end implementation services to OEM and enterprise accounts. These individuals are customer-oriented and capable of independently developing sophisticated Analytics and IOT solutions. The right candidates for this position have proven track records as experienced consultants with superior technical skills and the ability to ensure each client's long-term success.
With a requirement for the combination of coaching junior consultants, leading solution designs, troubleshooting, escalation management, and hands-on delivery. It will also work closely with the project manager to ensure project status is communicated, a plan is in place, and progress is being made to achieve project completion.
The role will apply advanced subject matter expertise to complex business issues; working on multi-faceted problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Responsibilities
- Perform/Lead innovative Delivery Services for Hitachi customers as defined in a Statement of Work
- Provide status information to Project Managers task status and completion timeframe estimates, making strong strategic decisions based on the most relevant factors available, that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom line
- Inform the Project Manager when a customer requests an activity or deliverable that may be beyond the Statement of Work
- Provide deliverables and strategic presentations defined in the Statement of Work
- Validate with the Project Manager that the completion expectations have been met
- Share knowledge; autonomously aligning personal contribution to the goals and priorities of the team and business
- Participate in strategic project review sessions to share materials or lessons-learned
- Develop skills and pro-actively work with your manager to attend prescribed training as defined in the training schedule, demonstrating strong commitment to personal learning and keeping own performance at the forefront of your subject matter expertise
- Create detailed technical designs from high level solution designs, based on an analysis of the customer’s environment and requirements
- Coach and train technical consultants, whilst also providing guidance to local teams or 3rd party partners, building mutual support and understanding with colleagues
- Provide technical subject expertise to troubleshoot and identify operational, connectivity and network issues, providing rational business cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers
- Assist with the creation of new innovative delivery collateral and maintenance of existing delivery collateral. Recommending improvements in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness and pioneering customer success
- Build relationships with Engagement Managers, Project Managers, Practice Principals, Solutions Consultants, and Solution Architects engaged in service opportunities
- Assist the Project Managers to provide regular communication to the Engagement Manager/Practice team about the status of Delivery Services engagements.
- Experience working with Business Analytics tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling
- Experience in Data Modeling
- Familiarity with or experience \ education in Java software development, enterprise software architectures, and agile methodologies are a strong plus
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Creative analysis, design and development skills
- Self-directed with the ability to manage multiple engagements with minimal supervision
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues
- Fluent in English. Additional languages (Spanish, French, German Italian) a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.