About Hiscox Who are we?
Hiscox is an international specialist insurer and reinsurer. We provide market leading products and excellent service to individuals and businesses with unusual and often complicated insurance needs. A FTSE 100 company, we can trace our roots to the Lloyd’s market in 1901. We employ over 2,300 highly professional staff, have offices in 13 countries and customers all over the world.
We cover reinsurance and insurance risks that range from marine, terrorism, aerospace, technology, media and professional indemnity through to high value personal insurance, such as homes and contents, fine art, luxury motor, and kidnap and ransom, and are market leaders in many of our chosen areas. The role
The Senior Regulatory Reporting Assistant is a new role that will support the Europe Finance team on the Regulatory and Statutory reporting including SII.
This role will be responsible for some of the External and Internal reporting for the new Insurance company. Key responsibilities 30%
- Internal Management Reporting
- To manage the Head Office budget and forecasting process build credible plan with key experts in the finance and actuarial function to ensure all P&L items are accurately planned and to ensure the financial health of the business with a focus on the consolidated view of Europe.
- To support the Head of Compliance expense variance tracking, budgeting and forecasting, quarterly financial consolidation packs and general financial analysis.
- Provide monthly analysis on expenses to both the European Finance Team and Head Office team investigating and commenting on significant variances and trends and integrating these into subsequent business forecasts.
- Provide monthly reports established by Group Finance with a previous review from the Europe Financial Controller.
- Implement internal controls for the insurance company, including but not limited to Consolidation Packs, Insurance accounting and Cash flows
60% - External Financial Reporting
- Maintenance of the local accounting ledgers, reconciliation and controldisciplines to ensure the GL at all times accurately reflects the insurance company performance, assets and liabilities, with appropriate robust and independent controls
10% - Accounting
- Preparation of the insurance company accounts for submission to fiscal and regulatory bodies including tax authorities and financial regulators
- Preparation of Luxembourg reporting including but not limited to CAA and SII reporting
- Provide audit assistance and management with support from Group colleagues, to third parties reviewing these returns and declarations
- Accounts Payable using our in-house accounting system including signing bank payments, end-of-month closings and bank reconciliations.
- Recommend and implement methods and procedures to improve accounting processes for either Luxembourg or on a European basis as required
- Manage the administration and approvals of the country/regional payroll in conjunction with the HR Manager
- Provide functional leadership and coaching on financial issues to the country/regional business unit
- Assess and make appropriate provision for bad and doubtful debt