About Hiscox Who are we? Hiscox is an international specialist insurer and reinsurer. We provide market leading products and excellent service to individuals and businesses with unusual and often complicated insurance needs. A FTSE 100 company, we can trace our roots to the Lloyd’s market in 1901. We employ over 2,000 highly professional staff, have offices in 11 countries and customers all over the world. In 2017 the Hiscox Group grew by 8.8% to £3,000 million gross written premium and our delivered £300 million of profit, delivering a return on equity of 17.1%. We cover reinsurance and insurance risks that range from marine, terrorism, aerospace, technology, media and professional indemnity through to high value personal insurance, such as homes and contents, fine art, luxury motor, and kidnap and ransom, and are market leaders in many of our chosen areas.We are not a mass producer of insurance policies but focus on key areas of expertise and strength and we do business according to our core values of courage, quality, integrity, excellence and human.
The main objective of this role is to support our country teams in managing their Credit Control by providing an efficient and high quality administrative service. The Credit Control Administrator should act as the voice of the customer and provide a superb service to clients. Key responsibilities
- General administrative duties such as scanning, photocopying, profiling, issuing documentation and mailbox monitoring.
- Print, process and dispatch standard letters and emails as required.
- Accurate, timely and efficient data entry and quality checking of cash receipts as per Hiscox standards including give support to data cleansing and mass change processing projects.
- Delivers exceptional service standards/KPI’s and maintain the relevant data updated.
- Liaising with internal and external parties to respond to and resolve queries within processing deadlines.
- Support the preparation of management information reports as requested using various reporting tolls and methods.
- Participate in the implementation of continuous improvement or change project work and processes.
- Undertake ad hoc reports and projects to develop the credit control service across Hiscox and improve, standardise and automate processes where possible.
- Manage and run the direct debt process, to reconcile differences on client and broker accounts, disburse cash received, help recover and resolve outstanding, overdue debts and manage a small brokers portfolio.
- Distribute monthly statements and correspondence of overdue accounts to our clients and resolve any questions so that open items are settled promptly .
- Resolve queries from underwriters and queries from brokers by e-mail, letter and phone.
- Provide support to other teams to cover absences and peak workloads.
- Reconcile bank transactions with Finance Department.