About Hiscox Who are we?
Hiscox is an international specialist insurer and reinsurer. We provide market leading products and excellent service to individuals and businesses with unusual and often complicated insurance needs. A FTSE 250 company, we can trace our roots to the Lloyd’s market in 1901. We employ over 2,200 highly professional staff, have offices in 14 countries and customers all over the world.
In 2016 the Hiscox Group grew by 23.6% to £2,402.6 million gross written premium and a record profit of £354.5 million, delivering a return on equity of 23%.
We cover reinsurance and insurance risks that range from marine, terrorism, aerospace, technology, media and professional indemnity through to high value personal insurance, such as homes and contents, fine art, luxury motor, and kidnap and ransom, and are market leaders in many of our chosen areas.
We are not a mass producer of insurance policies but focus on key areas of expertise and strength. We do business according to our core values of courage, quality, integrity, excellence and human. The role
The main objectives of this role are to support our Volume Claims Service Claims Manager by providing an efficient, high quality claims service for High Volume Low value Claims where the Hiscox brand is central to our promise in claims handling. As a Claims Handler you will deliver a high quality service to clients and their brokers; whilst maintaining and enhancing the Hiscox reputation for its claims handling service. The role will include direct communication with the Insured and our Intermediaries, managing the relationship with policyholders, assessing the size of the claim and its potential severity. The emphasis is on providing a fast track, yet extremely customer focused, claims handling service whilst actively managing indemnities spent.
In addition to managing your own claims you will have regular contact with underwriters and brokers to understand and improve the level and quality of service.
This role is based in our European Operational Center in Lisbon that provides centralized services for our teams across Europe and will report directly to the Lisbon Volume Claims team Manager.
The role will also need to interact and assist with the various teams across Europe. Key responsibilities
Your key responsibilities are divided along the following core activities (these may evolve over the course of the growth of the portfolio): Claims Management (70%)
Process, Administration and Quality of Service (30%)
- Advise and direct claims investigation to ensure the effective and timely resolution of claims within our agreed standards. All this is done with respect for both the Hiscox Values, Philosophy and interest, as well as Hiscox’ General Conditions and specific law applicable, favoring the most fair and amicable solution for our insured.
- Review loss investigation on all claims. Select and actively manage the involvement of lawyers, In field Adjusters and associated costs. Seek ways to ensure added value & appropriate spend.
- Handle recoveries and insure Hiscox capacity to deal with recoveries in way, preserving the interest of Hiscox to the most.
- Manage, monitor and review losses and authorize the settlement of claims exceeding the delegated authority of Third Parties Administrators when applicable or other claims staff to ensure the relevant level of authority is exercised.
- Support the Lisbon Claims Manager with proactive support with the management of the Claims portfolio in the Volume Service in Lisbon.
- Identify and implement processes and procedures that improve the team’s performance to deal with business growth/increased number of claims.
- Identify emerging issues, formulate recommendations to the Lisbon Claims Manager, and develop appropriate action plans on your portfolio.
- Manage, handle, and respond to, Insured/Broker complaints and/or queries for all claims in your portfolio.
- Reviews of In-Field Adjuster (IFA) activity to monitor quality, delays and reports to agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure all Third Party Administrator’s adherence to claims administration agreement requirements, terms, and conditions, as required through regular audits and/or through other means.
- Conduct claim file reviews / audits to ensure optimal claim handling performance of your portfolio.
- Monitor IFA activity for the Lisbon Claims Manager and report on Service Levels.
- Chase-up IFA’s on progress.
- Undertake actions to ensure the overall portfolio is actively managed; diary management, review of old claims, pursuit of recoveries etc.
- Regularly provide am efficient reporting on the portfolio status and evolution.