We are looking for a Service Desk Agent to be the first point of contact for the users who call our IT Service Desk, reporting to the Engineering Service Management area.
While providing the highest level of customer service, you will answer incoming calls, tracking all information in a call tracking system, using a knowledge base tool along with your expertise to resolve tier 0 requests in a timely fashion.
You will escalate unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 1 and 2 support team. Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems support. WHAT YOU'LL DO
WHO YOU ARE
- Primary responsibility is user support. Being present and available to clients requiring technical assistance
- Respond to questions from all callers
- Become familiar with each client and their respective applications.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software
- Become familiar with service desk policies and services
- Become familiar with the Systems, Network, Database, Desktop Engineers, programmers, developers, and each team in the Technology department
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager.
- Available for rotational shiftwork (day & night)
- 1-2 years’ customer support experience ideally in a web based application oriented environment
- Very Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in English
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service each and every day
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Eager to learn and develop troubleshooting and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills, including use of the Internet and email
- Must have excellent time and task management skills
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL/SLA
- IT Knowledge
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multicultural team is a plus
- Proficient with Confluence and JIRA tools is a plus.