The Procurement Category Manager job is to help the Global Procurement team in cooperation with the Business Units to manage strategic sourcing initiatives (Indirect categories, Services and Goods – Capex) with the purpose to ensure that the company's purchases yield the best value and the least risk.
This role will maintain a non-merchandise procurement process across the organization and oversee vendor compliance and contracts. Since we work in a dynamic environment, we’re looking for people with strong influencing skills who are comfortable navigating ambiguity, collaborating with multiple teams and building strong relationships with stakeholders. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ensure transparency of our supply portfolio helping on the definition of the right categories for our business;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder groups about the sourcing strategy and procurement;
- Process for products/services in order to deliver business needs and realize procurement value;
- Develop strategic sourcing initiatives to meet business requirements and maximize value to participants;
- Develop innovative approaches to sourcing while using analytics and processes to determine scenarios, benefits, risks and change management impact of each of those options;
- Participate in negotiations of global master agreements;
- Analyse industry trends and evolving technology to proactively minimize risk and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit Farfetch;
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry research and cost models, if appropriate.
- A professional with 3 – 6 years of relevant supply management experience;
- Degree educated;
- Fluent in English (mandatory);
- A strong communicator, capable to work as part of a global team to collaborate across geographic and organizational boundaries to deliver better business results and share best practices across a global company;
- An influencer and an experienced change manager, with ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities;
- Have a problem-solving aptitude;
- A quick learner, with interest in understanding and applying global supplier best practices;
- Proactive, results driven with decision making capabilities;
- Fun to work with!