Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it’s here you’ll find everything you need to grow as we do. It’s all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs. Our Indirect Employment Tax practice helps our clients plan, execute and integrate their employment tax strategies.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll likely spend much of your time engaging in client consultations and challenging the tax strategy and approach for optimal effectiveness. We’ll look to you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources while developing and coaching junior members of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrating an understanding of complex unemployment tax concepts and effectively applying your tax knowledge to client situations
- Developing recommendations and implementation plans and make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas
Planning and compliance for mergers, acquisitions and internal reorganization
Providing employment tax consulting and unemployment claims administration
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Economics, Management or Law
- At least 7 years of work experience in Indirect Tax, ideally in a Big 4 or international company
- 2 years of experience in team management
- Excellent managerial, organizational and relationship skills
- Strong ability to adapt to high standard environments
- Both written and oral fluency in English
- Availability to travel and work between Luanda and Lisbon offices
What we look for
We’re interested in people who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse, and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients. If you have a strong client focus, the ability to develop meaningful relationships and the ambition to deliver above and beyond expectations, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package and includes support for flexible working and career development, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.