Equus Software is looking for technical team members who are passionate about troubleshooting in technological environments
to join our expanding team
in Lisbon, Portugal. If you love using your analytical intelligence skills to solve exciting problems, please read on!
Equus is a US based company with offices around the world
. Our agile teams
are building and implementing software for the Global Mobility industry. We have a culture of international collaboration
where no two days are alike.
In this role, you will be involved with troubleshooting, working with production environments and communicating findings to both internal and external teams. The primary technology focus will be with SQL, C#, VB.Net and site administration. Although this role is primarily related to production support troubleshooting, some development work may be involved as well.
in our people, so all our roles are intended to be permanent and long term
. Our software is used by Fortune 100 companies
Equus is an industry leader in expatriate global mobility. Our awards include:
- Equus Software products are used by over 500 corporations, including many of the Fortune 100.
- Our experienced staff provides our customers with the best software, services, and support available (www.equusoft.com).
We are not currently sponsoring Visas. Requirements Required Skills:
- Nine times on the INC 5000 list of fastest growing companies since 2010
- Recognized by the Forum of Expatriate Management (FEM):
- Won 3 awards for Best Vendor Partnerships
- Won 7 awards for Most Innovative Use of Technology
- Won Global Mobility Professional of the Year twice
- Bachelors’ degree (B.S.) in a technical discipline (or have equivalent work experience).
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken.
- Able to communicate technical issues to non-technical teams and clients, and explaining the business impact.
- Experience supporting .Net web applications.
- Experience troubleshooting application issues, IIS site configuration, site performance, and business logic bugs.
- Experience working in a Production environment with live sites and data.
- Experience troubleshooting and communicating findings (identifying issues, checking logs, reviewing code, researching, performing fixes, documenting findings.)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL programming including familiarity with views, stored procedures, complex scripts, and query plan execution.
Looking for a candidate who:
- Familiarity with basic Windows Server administration tasks (web servers, IIS, reading logs, restarting services, editing config files, etc.)
- Experience with Visual Studio, TFS other Dev tools
- Experience writing C#.NET and/or VB.NET code
- Familiarity with agile software development processes
Benefits Why this is a great position:
- Centers on the clients’ needs for the tasks given.
- Enjoys solving technical and business related problems by thinking both inside and outside the box.
- Can close tasks and continually pick up new work from a defined queue.
- Is self-motivating and can drive tasks without a lot of direct supervision.
- Gets complex concepts, learns quickly and can navigate changing conditions.
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of individuals having different roles.
- Loves to improve oneself, as well as the team, process, and client experience.
- Permanent Role – You will not start over when moving projects. We only hire passionate people who are looking for a long term opportunity with a growing company. Learn best practices and become a SME on our technology.
- Great salary and benefits – Highly competitive salaries, great bonuses for great contributors. We have enterprise-class benefits.
- Great location – In the heart of Lisbon, with 290 days of sun a year and access to awesome restaurants and culture.
- Great people – We only hire the best. That means you're working with the best.
- Great culture – Nice office, relaxed and collaborative atmosphere, casual dress code.
- Software is our business – This isn’t a department in a larger company. We’ve been developing software for 19 years, and we’re growing fast. You’ll be a part of a team that develops software quickly and effectively.
- Always learning something new – You’ll develop a wide variety of skills, and you’ll probably become a subject matter expert in your first year.
- Fostering innovation – Take advantage of Innovation Day with every release. Play with whatever technology you want, learn what you want, try out something new, and present it to the company the next day. Many innovations have made it into our products.