FULL-TIME · LISBON Critical TechWorks is developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines.We’re looking for a Product Visionary to join us in changing the way the world moves. If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, technologists, futurists and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
To be clear: this is no ordinary role. We’re looking for someone spectacular – someone who stands out and who can contribute big things working alongside our dynamic team of technical wizards.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a problem-solver, a planner and a doer. Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile.
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talent in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.The Makings of a TechWorks VisionaryAs our Product Visionary, you’ll lead scrum teams as their product owner, defining the vision, road map and growth opportunities you will all work towards. You’ll learn about the business fast and manage the product backlog easily, ensuring the value of the work done by the DevOps teams. You’ll use your excellent communication skills to make sure the backlog is visible to and understood by the team, users and all stakeholders, ensuring everyone knows what’s happening next. When human-machine interface elements are involved, you’ll work closely with our UX design team, ensuring the backlog properly reflects user needs. Whatever the project, here’s what you'll be focused on:
Anything Else?Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, prioritising teamwork, interaction and resilience. We’re organised into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment. This calls for our Product Visionary to possess the following skills:
- Interacting with users, stakeholders and teams to understand business needs and create a common understanding of what needs to be built
- Assessing value, developing cases and prioritising stories, epics and themes to optimise the value of the work performed by the DevOps team
- Providing vision and direction for all involved throughout the project
- Strong people and negotiation skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing
- Excellent oral communication and written skills – including the ability to speak and write in English
- Great organisational and analytical capabilities complemented by fantastic attention to detail with ability to record and report information accurately
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required
- Optional bonus: the ability to converse in German
If you’re the Product Visionary that we’re looking for, apply now