FULL-TIME · PORTO
Critical TechWorks is developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines. We’re looking for a Head of Interactions to join us in changing the way the world moves. If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, technologists, futurists and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
To be clear: this is no ordinary role. We’re looking for someone spectacular – someone who stands out and who can contribute big things working alongside our dynamic team of technical wizards.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a problem-solver, a doer and proactively remove obstacles standing in the way of our teams. You’ll ensure things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile.
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talent in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.The Makings of a TechWorks HeroAs our Head of Interactions, you’ll coach and oversee the different teams that are part of your group or ‘platoon’, as we like to call them.
You’ll ensure that their fire-power is properly aimed, hitting all the targets in a productive way. You’ll address challenges as they arise and be the main point of contact between our teams and the rest of the company, as well as the outside world. You’ll also make sure that the best agile practices are in place so we’re always advancing. Whatever your teams are building, here’s what you'll be focused on:
Anything Else?Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, prioritising teamwork, interaction and resilience. We’re organised into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment. This calls for our Head of Interactions to possess the following skills:
- Keeping projects under control: on budget and on time
- Ensuring teams are addressing a common goal: teams should show strong commitment to each other’s challenges and to the overall performance of the platoon
- Managing all operations inside your platoon: ‘productive’ operations (solving concrete challenges and needs) and ‘soft’ operations (ensuring teams are happy and creating results)
- Guaranteeing the proper functioning of interactions between team members, different teams and customers
- Maintaining a strong agile culture in your platoon: agile is not a methodology – it’s who you are
- Strong negotiating and people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing
- Excellent oral communication and written skills – including the ability to speak and write in English
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required
- Speaking German would be an advantage
If you’re the Head of Interactions that we’re looking for, apply now