FULL-TIME · PORTO Critical TechWorks is developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines.We’re looking for a bright Cloud Artificer to join our team. The Cloud Artificer ensures that all software, spectacularly produced by the engineering teams, can be reliably and securely deployed in the cloud (public or private). They develop and operate platforms as a service that are ready to respond to the needs of the business in a performant, highly available, failure tolerant, and resilient manner. They work with other operation teams, to provide the best cloud experience possible to our engineering teams.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a problem-solver, a planner and a doer. Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to everything you do, engineering success with a smile.
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talent in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.The Makings of a Cloud ArtificerAs an artificer of the Cloud you’ll deliver and operate top-notch platforms as a service, to enable them to work quickly and efficiently to high quality standards. You’ll have a hawk’s eye for detail and be able to troubleshoot, identify and solve bottlenecks in the systems you operate. You’ll feel at ease with the automation and operation of container management services in the cloud.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to possess:
Anything Else?Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, prioritising teamwork, interaction and resilience. We’re organised into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment. This calls for our Cloud Artificer to possess the following skills:
- Master of network administration, optimization and architecture concepts, as well as high-availability approaches such as failover, load balancing and clustering.
- Proficient in managing Kubernetes and Kubernetes based platforms such OpenShift.
- Seasoned in infrastructure operations, and able to administer servers in your sleep.
- No stranger to data storage concepts, such as latency, IOPs or volumes.
- Allergic to manual tasks, and in love with automation and configuration management concepts and tools, including Ansible and Terraform.
- Scripting guru, be it in Python, Bash or PowerShell.
- Experienced with Azure, AWS or Google Cloud, in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS scenarios.
- Proficient with monitoring and logging solutions such as Prometheus, Grafana and ELK.
- Understand and implement security hardening at various layers.
- No stranger to CI/CD pipelines and tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gerrit or Maven
- A BSc in Computer Science or similar, or an equivalent number of years of experience.
- Linux Power-user, with preferable knowledge of RedHat and CoreOs.
- Great people skills to foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and the sharing of ideas and approaches.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – including the ability to speak and write in English.
- Experience of working with development teams running Scrum preferred.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities.
If you’re the Cloud Artificer that we’re looking for, apply now