What You'll Do
As General Manager, you will be responsible for executing a country wide vision and strategy that delivers transformational value to our customers and partners. Your strategy will be closely aligned with the EMEAR and global teams and will focus on implementing the strategic global GTM models.
As part of the South Leadership Team, you will not only represent your country but also contribute to the direction and success of the South Theatre.
You will be responsible for developing, leading, managing and orchestrating the Cisco business, customers and partners in-country to drive profitable growth.
You will also play a key role in strengthening the Cisco brand in country and acting as a spokesperson and representative for all functions on behalf of Cisco.
In this role you will, Country Operations
- Executing a countrywide vision and strategy that delivers transformational value to our customers and partners.
- Orchestrate and align the different Cisco segments operating in-country
- Actively manage and achieve Operational Excellence
- Act as external point of contact for country; develop strategic relationships across entire ecosystem (Customers, Partner, Government, Competitors, and Interest Groups).
- Contribute to North by thinking one level up and actively support peers
- Drive growth across all segments in all architectures; including Commercial, SP, Enterprise, Public Sector and Country Transformation business
- Develop a committed and differentiating Partner Landscape that deliver sustainable growth
- Develop, lead, manage and orchestrate the Cisco business, customers and partners in-country to drive profitable growth, set and achieve stretch profit and revenue growth targets
- Knowledge, Confidence, Risk – Invest heavily in developing yourself and the teams to beat competition
- Sell business outcomes to customers and drive customer success
- Promote new business development and Innovation, i.e by bringing new (acquired, developed) products to market through most effective channel
- Master and evolve the Installed base
Lead our People
- Develop, nurture and grow value–add relationships across the ecosystem (political, business leaders, country influencers) lto drive a Digital agenda for the Country
- Develop, enhance and strengthen the Cisco brand in Country representing all functions of the company; spokesperson for Cisco in Country
- Role model being a Cisco Citizen and actively contribute to the country society with Cisco Technology and Cisco’s employee experience
Who You'll Work With
- Develop and drive a progressive, inclusive, and diverse leadership climate that elevates the level of transparency, confidence, and trust across all employees in country – Walk the talk and lead from the front!
- Attract, retain, coach, mentor and inspire all employees in Country , Plan Your Diverse Work force
- Establish and lead a Country Leadership Board representing all employees in Country
- Develop #1 place to work & Early in Career
Reporting to VP South, you will be partnering with other Country General Managers and cross functional leaders across the European business to drive success.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to join a leading edge technology innovator and disruptor in the enterprise IT arena at a key inflection point in the evolution of the business. Who You Are
You will bring,
- Significant experience derived from within the high-tech sector with a track record of success in delivery of revenue target.
- Strong revenue generating performance in a country sales leadership role with experience in selling B2B enterprise technology in Portugal to both public and private sector clients.
- “next generation" collaborative leadership experience in high-performance, entrepreneurial and dynamic growing technology business, including mid-size entities and/or consulting companies.
- A proven and sustained track record of success in Portugal, consistently driving growth ahead of the overall market.
- Customer oriented while focusing on profitability and productivity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade - using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
- Write and speak English and Portuguese fluently.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco