Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
adidas Shared Services in Porto delivers high quality services for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Retail Accounting, eCommerce Accounting, Non-Trade Procurement and other Finance processes for adidas companies located in Europe and Americas.
However, our success journey continues, and we will now integrate several additional Teams in Porto. We are creators in our fields, thinking strategically about how digital tools can make reporting more transparent and targets more controllable. If you see yourself as a coach, playmaker, planner and problem solver, we invite you to be a part of our team.
The Global SAP FI/CO Services team is focusing on the data transfer from SAP FI/CO into Group Reporting System (GRAPE) for Actual. The Month-End process steps in the SAP FI/CO module are governed, SAP FI/CO inbound interfaces are monitored (e.g. adirace, SAP Retail) and centralized month-end tasks (e.g. Management/Non-Management reclass, Sales Reconciliation FI-COPA) are executed. The Runbook tool is managed and maintained from the team to enable automation for GBS operations teams and to provide a structure with the month-end closing. Further, the team is managing and maintaining the SAP COA for all SAP companies in close co-operation with GBS Methodologies & Compliance team and is supporting our Treasury and Corporate Solutions teams with projects (e.g. BCM rollout, Payment on behalf) in the SAP FI cash management area and is managing and maintaining the Global e-Banking solutions.
This position is providing operational support of all centralized and/or technical month-end closing tasks (e.g. mgmt./non-mgmt reclass, reconciliations, interface monitoring and reporting of actuals data from SAP AFS to the consolidation system GRAPE) for GBS and/or all other SAP FI/CO companies. Co-ordination of tasks during month-end are performed by the position holder to ensure timely delivery of service with available resources from Global Services FI/CO team. This position actively supports the further harmonization of the Runbook setup and new company rollouts of scenarios to GBS and other companies in scope. Topics for improvements and/or automation are evaluated and discussed with Senior team members. The solid system knowledge of SAP FI/CO and the month-end process insight are key for the position and will be further improved. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide coordination and technical support with regards to the data delivery process at month-end from SAP/AFS to GRAPE. Ensure timely execution of central and or technical tasks in SAP FI/CO (e.g. performing reconciliations, reclassifications and interfaces) and in GRAPE (Consolidation Monitor tasks e.g. Zero Load, Data Load) for assigned company codes (approx. 40 Financial Shared Services and another approx. 20 non GBS companies) in alignment with superior. Prior to the data load make sure actual data for assigned companies are aligned in SAP FI/CO modules (CO-PA, FI and SPL) and after the load with GRAPE.
- Be accountable for a defined area of responsibilities (e.g. interface monitoring and reconciliation tasks) and perform keep system running activities (e.g. transactional execution of SAP FI/CO tasks, table maintenance, Interface error log checks) for implemented systems in the Global Client (SAP FI/CO) or other central tools following internal standard desktop procedures and processes. Initiate updates of the documentation if needed and approved by superior and provide training to junior team members for assigned tasks.
- Support process harmonization activities in the Runbook tool and prepare rollout of new company codes in Runbook. Perform keep system running tasks in Runbook and ensure change requests are tracked, analyzed and, once approved, properly executed. Ensure user documentation and desktop procedures are maintained and available and updated once approved by superior. In addition, also perform key user trainings.
- Support projects before, during and after go-live with required adjustments in the system and/or change requests to other teams to ensure smooth execution (e.g. with testing and initiating required changes, master data adjustments, table adjustments) according to own analyzed and/or defined and approved specifications as part of projects or of Change Requests. If required perform changes to productive systems in alignment with and monitored by superior. In addition, also organize and execute key user trainings as part of the project.
- Actively maintain complex customer queries by identifying issues addressed by customers, clarifying the topic and providing feedback to the customer and in case of uncertainty with respective involvement of the superior.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Actively assist the Manager/Senior Manager in the creation and rework of desktop procedures and provide support in preparation of training documentation and presentations and perform trainings for junior team members and other colleagues.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Fluent English language knowledge
- Good Communication skills
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Solid financial knowledge
- System affinity
- Solid knowledge of SAP FI/CO
- University degree or equivalent education required
- At least 2 years’ experience in job or job function